Sunday, January 27, 2008

I lived in Houston near downtown in an apartment with Peppy. He is the poodle in the picture on the blog site. My apartment had a small patio in the back and peppy would go out the gate and roam around then come back when he was ready. I let him out one morning and went and laid back in bed for a short bit and dozed off. I woke up about 15 min. later to Peppy barking in the living room. I walked out in the living room to see what all the commotion was about. I neglected to grab my glasses and I have terrible eyesight. I bent down to see what he was barking at and a small oppossum hissed at me and Peppy ran at him. I grabbed Peppy and ran in the other room. Peppy was awesome. He was always there to protect me when I needed him. Oh....back to the oppossum. I called the apartment complex and reported to them that I had an oppossum in my living room. They thought I was crazy. They finally sent someone in maintenance to check it out. He came in and validated that I wasn't crazy and went back for a cage. He got the oppossum out and everything was back to normal. This is just one of my animal stories from that apartment complex. Peppy was always there to save the day.

No comments: